A SharePoint on-premise deployment is stored locally on your business IT infrastructure. This will need to be maintained by an internal team but access can be strictly controlled to only users in your own organisation or those that you specifically allow access to.
Alternatively, SharePoint online, as the name suggests, is hosted in the cloud. It has been designed with companies who have multiple sites or remote workers that do not share infrastructure but need to be able to collaborate and share data.
Businesses will often struggle to decide which SharePoint environment is best for them or even if a hybrid version is required. As one of the UK’s leading SharePoint specialists igroup can guide your organisation through the decision-making process between online and on premises outlining the benefits and limitations of each deployment and how each will help you meet your business objectives.
At igroup our SharePoint specialists will work with your business to compare the online vs on premises environments including:
- Cost – We consider all factors including number of users, amount of data etc.
- Location – Where is it best to store your data? How sensitive is it or how quickly do you need access?
- Maintenance – Do you have the internal skills required to carry out maintenance and upgrades?
- Scalability – Will the amount of data you store continue to grow and how quickly?
- Management – Do you have the right skills to support the deployment?
- Infrastructure – Will your current infrastructure support SharePoint?
Our experts help you plan your deployment using the correct version of SharePoint for your needs.