When it comes to managing your AWS environment, you have two main options: using a set of tools or a unified cloud management platform. While both options have their...
The individual is important with their nature and ability to learn and adapt being a key part of this. But in this article, we have outlined the core areas we believe go into making a true Azure expert.
Here are some key aspects that make an Azure expert:
- Azure Services Knowledge: An Azure expert should be familiar with Azure's main services, including as Virtual Machines, Azure App Service, Azure SQL Database, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, and others. They should be aware of the service's purpose, capabilities, and best practise.
- Architectural Expertise: Azure experts possess the ability to design scalable, secure, and reliable solutions on the Azure platform. They can create Azure architectures that leverage various Azure services to meet specific business requirements while ensuring high availability and fault tolerance.
- Cloud Security Knowledge: Security is a critical aspect of cloud computing. Azure experts are familiar with Azure's security features and can implement best practices to protect data, applications, and infrastructure from potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Azure Networking: It is critical to understand Azure networking fundamentals such as Virtual Networks, Network Security Groups, Load Balancers, and VPN Gateways. This enables you to create and manage complicated Azure apps.
- Azure Identity and Access Management (IAM): To ensure appropriate access to Azure resources, an Azure expert should understand how to establish and manage identities, roles, and access restrictions in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Automation and DevOps: Proficiency in using Azure DevOps, PowerShell, or Azure CLI allows Azure experts to automate deployment, management, and monitoring tasks, streamlining operations and enhancing efficiency.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting: Monitoring the performance and health of Azure resources is crucial. An Azure expert should know how to set up monitoring, alerting, and logging mechanisms to identify and address issues proactively.
- Data Management Skills: Azure experts understand various data services, including Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Blob Storage. They can design and implement data storage and processing solutions effectively.
- Continuous Learning: The cloud landscape is constantly evolving, and Azure experts stay up-to-date with the latest updates, features, and best practices through continuous learning and engagement with the Azure community.
- Real-world Experience: Practical experience is invaluable for an Azure expert. Working on real-world projects, dealing with challenges, and finding solutions in different scenarios contribute significantly to their expertise.
- Certifications: Earning Azure certifications from Microsoft, such as the Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, validates an individual's expertise and demonstrates their commitment to excellence.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: An Azure expert should possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex situations, providing effective solutions to business challenges.
In conclusion, an Azure expert is someone who possesses in-depth knowledge of Azure services, architectures, security, networking, automation, monitoring, and data management.
They combine theoretical understanding with practical experience, staying updated with the latest developments to design and deploy efficient and secure cloud solutions on the Azure platform. Speak to a member of our Azure team and find out how we can help.