When running Kubernetes clusters in the cloud, one of the benefits is that you can use multiple providers and get the benefits of each. It's also useful to be able to...
When it comes to managed cloud solutions, not all providers are created equal. Some offer better value than others, and some will be a better fit for your specific needs. How do you know which provider is right for you?
By evaluating them on the following factors:
- Cost and pricing model - of course, you'll want to compare managed cloud solutions based on price. But don't just look at the bottom line - consider what's included in each package. Some providers will offer more features for a higher price, while others include only the bare essentials.
- Features and Functionality - what features are important to you? Make sure the managed cloud solution you're considering includes them.
- Ease of Use - another important factor to consider is how easy the solution is to use. If you're not comfortable with complex technical jargon, you'll want a managed cloud solution that is user-friendly and easy to navigate. Also is it plug-and-play with the public cloud providers you are using?
- Support - when something goes wrong (and it will at some point), you'll want to be able to rely on your managed cloud provider's support team to help you troubleshoot the issue. Make sure to find out what their hours are, and whether they offer 24/seven support.
- Location - Data security is always a top concern when it comes to managed cloud solutions. But did you know that where your data is physically located can also impact its security? If you're storing sensitive data, or you have a legal requirement to, the geographical location its stored might be important to your business.
These are the obvious things to evaluate, but what about the more personal things like the fit with your business and team?
Well for that we would strongly recommend asking to talk to existing customers and looking at their reviews online. This should give you a sense of what the provider's company culture is like and if they will be a 'fit' for your business long term.
By taking the time to evaluate managed cloud solutions on these factors, you can be sure to choose the right one for your needs.