It may seem odd to have a case study for our own company, but we are by no means special when it comes to our reliance on the cloud and how we use it to improve our...
Achieving well-maintained and well-managed cloud services, while keeping costs down, causes a headache for most businesses. And with the majority of your critical applications and processes running via the cloud these days, it’s easy to see why.
It's critical to take a proactive, rather than a reactive, approach to cloud maintenance and optimisation to overcome this challenge:
- Put processes and responsibilities in place to monitor and maintain your AWS & Azure infrastructure
- Conduct regular audits of the configuration, allocation of resources, bandwidth, and any other relevant areas you can gain insight into
- Then make decisions about how to optimise your cloud deployment accordingly, to minimise unnecessary spending.
Of course, this is easier said than done.
Maintaining a cloud-based IT infrastructure can be a full-time responsibility, and should be treated as such. Nothing stays still when it comes to this technology, especially not the role of the person maintaining it.
But hiring someone to do this, or training existing employees in this area, are time-consuming and costly investments.
So, what can you do to make things easier?
We advocate using cloud management software to assist you in managing technology as sophisticated and broad as Microsoft Azure & Amazon AWS.
Automation tools can support you by conducting regular monitoring, analysis, and maintenance of your cloud systems. Not only that, but it’s actually a more efficient and cost-effective way to keep your cloud spending under control.
This will allow you and your team to devote more time to focusing on business growth and innovation, and less time worrying about staying on top of your cloud systems.
Automation tools will also provide:
- Significant cost savings
- Opportunities for improving performance based on scaling resources based on demand
- Greater ROI
- Competitive differentiation.