There are many reasons why your company would want to use Blob storage, for example you may want to share files with clients, or off-load some of the static content from your web servers to reduce the load on them. Blob storage is particularly useful for companies that would like to take advantage of Microsoft Azure data centres and infrastructure to service remote employees.
igroup has worked with hundreds of companies who want to move to the cloud or improve on what they already have and how a company handles and stores data is a key feature of any planning done by our consultancy team as the plan, architect and deploy a solution.
Because Blob storage is generally used for large unstructured files that need to be accessed through http or https the types of data generally handled are:
- Serving images or documents directly to a browser.
- Storing files for distributed access.
- Streaming video and audio.
- Writing to log files.
- Storing data for backup and restore, disaster recovery, and archiving.
- Storing data for analysis by an on-premises or Azure-hosted service.
Using Azure Blob Storage for business data delivers multiple advantages including convenience, efficiency, scalability, and security.