The commercial advantages that SharePoint affords organisations in terms of collaboration, efficiency and accountability cannot be overstated. Its built-in workflow tools, which have the flexibility to be extended with custom applications and specific function configurations, have made it core to many business processes.
However, customising SharePoint to enjoy its many benefits means overcoming the challenge of compatibility. Complex systems invariably have overlapping rules and features and configurations must be executed properly to satisfy your specific requirements.
There are a number of areas to consider when choosing a SharePoint Developer:
- Experience in your preferred version of SharePoint
- Appropriate Microsoft Qualifications
- Experience working on development projects at your scale
- Experience of regulatory requirements specific to your industry
- The ability to provide ongoing application support
- The ability to meet your procurement requirements